Project is implemented in accordance with State Strategy and Action Plan on Education of Children with Special Educational Needs, aiming at introduction of inclusive education throughout Georgia and reinforcement of existed inclusive education practice.
Presented project is 3 years project (2009 -2011), being implemented with assistance of Norwegian Ministry of Education and research.
The aim of the project is development/introduction of inclusive education in 9 regional public schools and creation of sustainable system supporting future development of inclusive education To achieve the goal, project envisages realization of the following activities:
- Preparation of local educational authorities and their involvement in project implementation;
- Selection of target schools and adaptation of physical environment;
- Identification, Assessment of SEN children and development of IEP-s;
- Training of school teachers, administration and professionals (psychologist, speech therapist);
- Formation and training of inclusive education supporting teams for targeted regions: regional coordinator, multidisciplinary team members;
- Public awareness rising;
- Foundation of the Summer School at University base.
- Enrollment of SEN children in regional public schools;
- Improvement of special education teaching in higher education system;
- Rising of public awareness and creation of inclusive education friendly environment.
PROJECT TARGET GROUPS:
- Teaching of SEN children by Individual Educational Plans (IEP);
- Formation of 10 regional multidisciplinary teams for supporting inclusive education development;
- Adaptation of physical environment in 10 public schools;
- Professional development of target schools’ teachers on issues of inclusive education;
- Foundation of the Summer School of special education;
- Refreshment of the university curriculum on special education;
- Registration and identification of SEN children throughout Georgia.
- Children with special educational needs (SEN);
- School administration, teachers;