Fifty resource officers, who have successfully passed their officer training, were awarded with certificates. They took the training courses in the Academy of the Ministry of Interior.
The following training courses have been offered to the officers:
• Reaction to the Violation of Law
• Professional Ethics and Academic writing
• English Language and Computer
These courses will enhance the professional development of the resource officers and assist them in effectively conducting their day-to day activities.
Based on research conducted by the Statistics and Analytical Department of the Ministry, the introduction of resource officers into schools has led to a safer learning environment and a decrease in violence:
• student tardiness in classes decreased 95%;
• student absenteeism decreased 80%;
• school violence reduced by 97%,
• vandalism incidents reduced by 97%,
• Tobacco use – 73% and so on.
2010 saw the successful introduction of school resource officers into schools across the country. The officers quickly becamse actively involved in school life, cordially introduced themselves to schoolchildren and teachers, and provided assistance to the school administration in solving day to day issues.