- Human Resource Management
- public information
Applications for accredited undergraduate, integrated bachelor's, teacher training, integrated veterinary, certified medical / dental education programs have been launched to fund students through state education grants. Nunu Mitskevichi, Deputy Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia held a briefing on the topic and introduced the conditions of the program to the general public.
The Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia implements a social program for financing students with state education grants annually, which means a full tuition funding on the first level of higher education (in accordance to the amount of the state education grant).
For the first time this year, under the social program, applications for tuition funding will be accepted only by online registration, from September 7, 2020 to September 28, 18:00, on the following electronic portal: socreg.mes.gov.ge. Instructions for electronic registration is posted on the website of the Ministry www.mes.gov.ge.
The program provides state funding for 13 categories of students enrolled based on the results of the Unified National Examinations. In particular:
- School graduates from a highland village;
- Students from the occupied territories;
- Azerbaijani language school graduates;
- Armenian language school graduates;
- Children of those killed in hostilities for territorial integrity, veterans with severe disabilities or their children;
- Orphaned students;
- Large households with many children (4 and more children);
- Students who were under state care;
- Students who have obtained / had repentant status;
- Students with disabilities;
- Students with autism spectrum disorder;
- Rural school graduates who reside close to the demarcation line with the occupied territories;
- Socially vulnerable students (with a family rating score of 70,000 and below).
For more detailed information related to the social program, and for the list of required documents to prove the student eligibility for funding, please follow the official website of the Ministry: https://www.mes.gov.ge/content.php?id=10984&lang=geo