- Human Resource Management
- public information
A solemn event dedicated to the founding day was held at the Korneli Kekelidze Georgian National Center of Manuscripts, within the framework of which the renovated memorial offices of the first director of the centre Ilia Abuladze and academician Elene Metreveli were solemnly opened. The event was attended by the Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, Nunu Mitskevichi, who congratulated the staff of the centre on the anniversary.
Nunu Mitskevichi stressed that the National Center for Manuscripts is indeed an indicator of the country's identity, which needs special care from the state. The Deputy Minister informed the audience that within the framework of the project "Science Calendar - 2021", a scientific promenade will be organized in the yard of the National Center for Manuscripts. The space will be a gathering place for young people interested in science, where events and various types of activities will be held with the involvement of students.
It should be noted that a new permanent exhibition space is open to all, where visitors will get acquainted with the memorial items of Ivane Javakhishvili, Korneli Kekelidze, Niko Berdzenishvili, Shalva Amiranashvili and Isidore Dolidze.
These spaces, which were refurbished with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science, will be dedicated to conferences, seminars and other scientific activities.
Korneli Kekelidze Georgian National Center of Manuscripts was established on June 30, 1958 on the initiative of Professor Ilia Abuladze. It is the most important repository of ancient manuscripts and historical documents in Georgia.