- Human Resource Management
- public information
Millennium Account Corporation (MCC) has selected Georgia as eligible to develop a second MCC Compact in December 2011. The goal of the Compact will be to reduce poverty through economic growth by improving the quality of human capital in Georgia. During the compact negotiation process the Government of Georgia (GoG) has identified human capital development, such as Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) technicians and professionals, as a number one priority. In the frameworks of the 2nd Compact the approximately 140 million USD is planned to be invested in the development of Georgia’s education system.
In July 13, 2012 MCC and the GoG have signed the grant agreement (გრანტის ხელშეკრულება) that authorizes funding for the pre compact development activities. In the framework of the grant agreement, MCA-Georgia has issued Request for Proposals to design year program strategies for the following activities:
1. Improving General Education: Consultant Services for Training Educators for Excellence and Classroom, National and International Assessment Support Activity Project Design (Develop program strategy on general education development). Publishing date February, 5, 2013. Deadline for application submission April, 4, 2013
2. Studies of Labor Demand, Barriers to Participation in STEM Education Programs and Occupations in Georgia. These studies will shed light on the barriers and opportunities for STEM education and occupation faced by girls, students from socially disadvantaged families; in addition studies will help identify STEM technicians and professionals in the fields that are in short supply and high demand in the country. Publishing date February 7, 2013. Deadline for application submission March 25, 2013
3. Selection of Partner Institution(s) for Capacity Building and Establishing Bachelor Degree Programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Higher Education in Georgia ( Select partner institutions to develop Bachelor Degree Programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math fields) Publishing date February, 6, 2013. Deadline for application submission March, 22, 2013
4. Assessment of the physical condition and rehabilitation requirements of proposed schools, including environmental and social considerations; and preparation of specifications, cost estimates, detailed design, and procurement materials. Assistance in the preparation of work plans, schedules, and operations and maintenance strategies and requirements (Under the school rehabilitation component, develop assessment of school physical condition, activity action plan and school maintenance strategy).
For additional information, please see attached documents.