A memorandum of cooperation was signed between the
Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and The Ministry of Corrections of
Georgia. The Memorandum was signed by Ministers Tamar Sanikidze and Sozar
Objectives of the Memorandum are as follows:
- Access of the convicts to general and vocational education;
- Promotion of community service as a sentence;
- Joint educational and cognitive activities and events;
- Joint programs in order to promote vocational training;
- Cooperation for monitoring and coordination of the joint programs etc.
Both sides express readiness to conduct
dialogue, discuss recommendations and make joint decisions within the framework
of the Memorandum. This will promote access to general education for juveniles
as well as vocational trainings for adult inmates.