- Human Resource Management
- public information
The whole Europe celebrates 26th of September, European Day of Languages. This is the third annual celebration in Georgia. European Day of Languages was proclaimed by the Council of Europe in 2001 in order to celebrate cultural diversity in Europe. This day is celebrated on 26 September and it aims to in involve millions of people across 47 participating countries to learn more languages at any age, at school or anywhere else. Linguistic diversity is one of the most important components of rich European cultural inheritance and intercultural characteristics, thus, European Council supports the popularization of Plurilingualism in the whole Europe.
The event officially was opened by:
- The Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, Tamar Sanikidze.
- The Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration Issues Davit Bakradze.
- Deputy minister in foreign affairs Khatuna Totladze
- Deputy EU Ambassador to Georgia Carlo Natale
- The president of EUNIC in Georgia Jean Iv Lavoir
The program dedicated to this day included competitions, workshops and many other entertainment and educational activities which lasted the whole day and participants of the event were 8-18 age group individuals. At the end of the day, winner pupils were awarded. The first four place holders Nini Lomidze, Mariam Kiknadze, Zurab Kalandia and Tamta Nadiraia awarded the Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Georgia Lia Gigauri with computers. Language course vouchers were given to another four participants of the competition.