The winners of the Translated Play 2020 competition, founded by Mikheil Tumanishvili Foundation were as follows:
- I Prize - David Gabunia - Tracey Lates, "August, Osage County"
- II Prize - Keti Kantaria - Ignacie Witkiewicz, "Cobblers”
- III Prize - Nino Gogichaishvili - Bernard-Marie Coltes, "Roberto Zucco”.
Three more translations were named among the best in the competition:
1. “The Father” by Florian Zeller, Translated by Nana Samchkuashvili;
2. Guillaume Apollinaire’s “Les Mamelles de Tirésias”, translated by Bachana Chabradze;
3. Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot", Translated by Inga Jgenti.
The "Translated Play 2020" contest was traditionally sponsored by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia. Three of the 13 foreign plays received the best competent jury award.
The Tumanishvili Foundation launched the New Dramaturgy project back in 2006. It consists of two competitions - "New Georgian Play" and "Translated Play". The competitions are annual and are held rotationally.
The Tumanishvili Foundation was established on March 27, 1998, on International Theater Day. Its founder and managing director is Manana Antadze.
All plays are available to anyone on the Internet, for copyright and permission issues, please contact directly to the translators.