- Human Resource Management
- public information
The Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, spoke about the implemented and planned projects in general education on a meeting with the journalists, and provided a detailed information regarding the subject.
There has been a number of important projects implemented towards the development of general education recently. In particular, the salaries for the teachers have increased, the curriculum was revised, a unified educational network was launched, electronic journals, restored doctor’s office, retrained resource officers at schools, psychological centers for the students, retrained teachers and principals, the renovation of school’s infrastructure, equipped schools with educational resources, textbooks and laptops for the students of first grade, giving learning opportunities to the individuals with special educational needs, enhanced transport services, and many more.
As for the news:
- For the 2016 – 2017 academic year, 1,500 students will be able to use the services of 23 additional school buses;
- More resource officers will be introduced to schools;
- The process of construction, renovation and equipment of the schools will continue, as well as building sports infrastructure and doctors’ offices at schools;
- Geographic Information System (GIS) will be launched, which aims at creating a data visualization and accessibility to mass users. Consequently, all schools will be available on a map, whilst implementing a variety of search parameters. Additionally, various statistical information for separate schools will be available for different districts and regions (systematically updated);
- Within the scope of introducing the electronic journal, from the beginning of the 2016-2017;
- From January 1, 2017, according to the scheme, teachers’ salary will be increased (see the forecast);
A) A supplement for the individual with a head-teacher status will be determined by 320 GEL
B) A supplement for the individual with a leading teacher status will be determined by 500 GEL
C) A supplement for the individual with a mentor teacher status will be determined by at least 700 GEL.
In 2017, the average teachers’ salary will reach 800-900 GEL.