- Human Resource Management
- public information
In relation to World Down Syndrome Day Lia Gigauri, Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, visited pupils with Down syndrome at Tbilisi Public School No 198. She took part in the activities dedicated to this day alongside with them.
There are around 170 pupils studying at Public School No 198. 10% out of them are socially vulnerable, and the remaining 90% are children with special educational needs (SEN children), including adolescents with Down syndrome. The main priority of the school is to provide SEN children with skills needed for integration and adaptation into the society. Therefore, individual teaching scheme for development has been elaborated by school multidisciplinary team, adjusted to each pupil.
There is Legoteka –games library, game therapy study, study for labour, psychosocial laboratory, everyday skills acquisition study, adapted dining room and open training-center functioning at school. Pupils are involved in diverse interesting projects. They actively master labour skills.