- Human Resource Management
- public information
Foundation “Innove” of the Ministry of Education and Research of Estonia, as well as the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is involved in implementation of the Georgian-Estonian educational project “Strengthening of Access to Quality Education for Georgian Children”. The project is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia.
One of the components of the program is to support introduction of a new National Curriculum at the primary level (I-IV grades), which will be carried out through the National Curriculum Department.
5 pilot schools and 10 network schools of Tbilisi and the regions were selected for piloting.
The working meeting was held with directors of pilot and network schools within the framework of the project. They got acquainted with the Estonian project and its action plan in details. The following activities will be carried out within the project:
● Training of school managers;
● Retraining of primary level teachers according to the new National Curriculum;
● Research of the needs of selected schools and preparation of recommendations for them;
● Permanent communication with pilot and network schools according to the new National Curriculum, in the terms of planning of the learning process, preparation of appropriate training resources and afterwards - monitoring.
Within the framework of the same project, introductory visit of the directors of all 15 schools is planned on May 13-17, where they will be provided with master classes, visit Tallinn schools, learn about the principles of school management and study process on site and plan the ways of further cooperation with them.