1. The process of granting approval to I-VI grades has been started and the first stage involves approving the textbooks of the following subjects: Mathematics, Georgian Language (II-IV), Nature, Sport (I-IV), Music, Fine and Applied Arts, English, German and Russian.
2. The signing of the decree was preceded by a multilateral process, implemented for the first time in Georgia:
3. In total, over 200 specialists participated in the venture.
4. Naturally, the contest itself implies that the best of the presented ones will receive the final approval. In this regard, the Ministry's starting point was to direct the public, in order to design the textbooks (I-IV grade) of the highest standards.
5. Questions which may arise regarding the entire approval process in general public, the Ministry is ready to reply with its transparent overall process and assertions made by the field professionals.
6. In order not to raise any suspicion, the Ministry explains, that due to lack of necessary resources, the approval process of some textbooks has been delayed. It is important to have textbooks of the highest quality in the subjects such as “Me and the Society” and “Our Georgia”. Thus, the process in this direction will continue.
7. Within the electronic school framework, it became evident that textbooks and manuals provided were conceptually incompatible with the modern requirements, so the Ministry will announce another competition in this regard.
8. The Ministry pays special attention to the integration of the National Curriculum in non-Georgian schools. For this purpose, with the participation of teachers and field specialists, a variety of textbooks will be translated and processed in a special way.