- Human Resource Management
- public information
Due to the state of emergency declared across the country to prevent the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, new deadlines for the registration of first-graders for the 2020-2021 academic year have been set, taking into account the interests of first graders and their parents.
The first phase of registration of first-graders that applied to students with special educational needs, has already been successfully implemented from March 2 to March 16, however, due to the interests of students with special educational needs registered in the first stage, the deadline for submitting documents to the school has been extended.
In particular: the deadline for submitting documents for students with special educational needs was established for July 5 instead of April 24.
It should be emphasized that the submitted documents do not imply the conclusion of the multidisciplinary team, which has been amended by the order of the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of Georgia, Mikheil Chkhenkeli. According to the decree, the enrollment of students will be carried out without the conclusion of the multidisciplinary team and the status of a student with special educational needs. In case of non-submission of documents within the extended period, the student's registration will be canceled.
The second stage of registration, implies changes to the dates of registration, as well as the submission of documents:
Phase II of registration will take place from May 11 to June 1, and all relevant documents can be handed-on from May 11 to July 5.
At this stage, children will be registered at school:
- Whose siblings attend the desired school.
- The parents are the employees of the specified school.
- Two or more children from the same family are included in the first grade.
Registration will be based on the application of the parent / legal representative at public schools. In case of non-submission of documents within the established timeframe, the registration will be automatically canceled.
The III stage of registration, implies changes to the dates of registration, as well as the submission of documents:
Stage III - Universal Registration - will start on June 2 and will continue until June 25, whereas the submission of documents will continue from June 2 to July 5.
Registration will be carried out on the official website of the Education Management Information System registration.emis.ge. Please be informed, E-registration must be provided by the parent / legal representative. In case of non-submission of documents within the established timeframe, the registration will be automatically canceled.
The IV, and the final stage of registration, implies changes to the dates of registration, as well as the submission of documents:
During the fourth, and the final stage, the registration of first graders and submission of documents will start on August 20 and will continue until September 10.
Students who have not been able to register during the I, II and III stages or want to change their registration will be registered at the vacant or remaining spots at this stage.
The registration of students during the fourth stage is ensured by the public school on the basis of the necessary documents submitted by the parent / legal representative.
Based on all the above:
- During the state of emergency, schools will approve a new set of rules of procedure that will allow parents to send applications electronically with attached documents, or to hand over necessary documents safely to the school administration in accordance with the rules as established by the school; The school will confirm the parent's receipt of the application and documentation by e-mail within 2 days.
- In case of electronic submission of all required documents, the school does not request the documents in physical form and will confirm the enrollment of the student within the timeframe established by the legislation.
Educational institutions must be guided, by the decree N675 of August 16, 2007, as ordered by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia regarding the “Necessary documents required for the enrollment”. As according to the legislation, educational institutions should not request any additional documents, which are not determined by the decree.
List of necessary documents to be submitted for the enrollment in the first grade at a general education institution of Georgia:
- Statement of the legal representative of the student, which must contain information on the place of residence and telephone number of the legal representative, thus meeting other requirements set forth in Article 78 of the General Administrative Code of Georgia, a copy of the legal representative's ID card and proof or residence in Georgia ( if applicable). If the documents are submitted in a foreign language, they must be accompanied by a translation into Georgian in accordance with the rules established by the legislation of Georgia).
- A copy of the student's birth certificate or identity document and a copy of proof of residence in Georgia (if applicable). If the documents are submitted in a foreign language, they must be accompanied by a translation into Georgian in accordance with the rules established by the legislation of Georgia).